Friday, September 13, 2013

Is this for real?

September 13/2013

Who said that Friday the 13th is un-lucky!

I am freaking out right now!!!! Jason just left for Man's Camp, I went to the drug store and bought a pregnancy test because I'm a few days late. There were 2 LINES on the stick!!!! OH MY WORD. I can't tell anyone right now. Jason is gone and I have to keep this to myself?!!! As soon as I saw the 2 lines I got on my knees and pleaded with my Heavenly Father to help this baby get through my fallopian tube and grow and develop properly. Instead of telling anyone I thought I should write it down because then it might seem real.

This is also very scary because my last and only pregnancy was an ectopic that ended in emergency surgery. I lost one of my fallopian tubes during that surgery. Earlier this year Jason and I have been to many appointments and actually had an appointment in Calgary this coming week to start INVITRO. 

It is Friday afternoon and my Dr's office is now closed, Jason is gone and I am screaming in my head. Ok I screamed out loud too :)

Can this be real? Is everything going to be ok this time? I jumped on the computer to see when my due date is and it says that our baby is due May 19, 2014! Happy Late Birthday present for Jason would be awesome. Oh my!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK.... what am I to do all night by myself? I am shaking right now. 4 long years of trying!!!! Please Heavenly Father let everything be ok. My thoughts are all over the place right now but I wanted to write my feelings down at this moment of excitement. 



September 14

Jason's home!!!! Yahoo! I can tell him. Last night I watched tv and made this sign to tell Jason. When he got home I had a sign on the counter to come upstairs. I had baby footprints printed out leading to the bedroom.

Here are a few pictures and video of his reaction.

It still doesn't seem real yet. The Dr in Calgary only gave Jason and I a 4% chance of getting preganant again. With myself only having 1 fallopian tube left and that tube was deformed as well and then Jason having a rare condition. This didn't give us high hopes of conceiving on our own. Well - all I know is that the test says I'm pregant and now to hope for the best.




Here is the link of how Jason found out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifb9dC11vCg


September 16

Called my family Dr today to get an appointment to see if I really was pregnant. The test came back positive!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!! Is this for real? Because of my past history they are sending me to get an early ultra sound next Monday to confirm that the embryo has implanted in my uterus and not in other tube. Its going to be a long week but all I can do is hope and pray that things are ok.

One year ago today - September 16, 2012 was my due date from my first pregnancy. One year ago today I was suppose to be a mom and though things didn't go as planned,  today is the day that I have confirmation from my Dr. that I am pregnant again

September 19

3.5 days down and 3.5 to go until the ultrasound. To say that I think about the development going on in my body is an understatement. Every ache in my body, every indigestion, every grumble in my stomach I am analysing. I know this is probably not good and that I should try not to stress. I have work appointments over the next few days and then Stake Conference this weekend so that should keep my mind off things and maybe Monday at 1:30 will be here before I know it. Until then....... stay tuned.


September 23

Today is the day! 1:45pm is the time and here we go........

Just got back from my ultrasound and baby is viable and managed to get through my misshapen fallopian tube and into my uterus.  We can't believe it. We aren't entirely sure how this all happened but we do know that our Heavenly Father has watched over and blessed us. Now to stay healthy and have a healthy pregnancy.

Now to keep things a secret for a few weeks. My parents are still on their mission and I want to tell them in person when they get back in a few weeks. We have decided to not tell anyone for a few weeks as I am only 6 weeks along. 

October 8th - My parents will be arriving this afternoon and I can't wait to tell them the great news. Last night we let Jasons mom know and also my siblings know as well. 

We sent flowers to Jason's mom  to tell her of the exciting news. 


When my parents pull into town we will be holding signs with the great news. The Grandchildren that were there held signs as my parents drove down the last block to their house. The signs read……
Yahoo!…. Welcome Home…… Elder Leavitt….. Sister Leavitt…… Good News….. Surprise…..
and then the last sign Jason and I were holding and it read….. "I"M PREGNANT"

My parents read the signs as they drive down the street. When my mom saw the last sign she screamed and then barely put the car into park. My dad hadn't seen the sign yet and wondered what was going on. They both jumped out of the car and ran toward us. I even got a hug before the grandchildren which is saying a lot. It was such a fun way to tell them and a moment that I will cherish forever. 












0 comments:

Post a Comment