Thursday, May 22, 2014

Grandma Leavitt - my Mother, my Friend



This pictures makes me tear up. My mom has done so much for me over the years. She is always there for me to talk to and she has felt the same pain I have felt when longing for a child. We have shared our sad moments together and today we shared one of the best days of my life. 

The best way to express my feeling for my mom is to share a letter I wrote her a few weeks after Ella was born. 
EllJane - Grandma
My dearest Mom, 
From the moment the nurse put Ella into my arms it gave me a glimpse at the love you have for your children. Its a kind of love that words can’t fully express. As I watch her smile, as I watch her cry, as I watch her sleep there is nothing in the world that I wouldn’t do for her. I now somewhat comprehend the love of a mother to daughter relationship. 
I have always been on the daughter side of the relationship but I am so eternally grateful to be on the other end at this moment. 
Mom, I will always cherish the birth of our sweet Ella Jane. I will always remember your sweet voice encouraging me along, I will always remember you holding my hand and helping me breath through the contractions. I can not imagine not having you there to welcome Ella into the world and I can’t thank you enough. 
I thought labour was the hard part of being a mom. I guess I was wrong and after many sleepless nights, getting sick a couple times, I was then AGAIN grateful for my mom and being there to give me strength. 
I seriously don’t know how I would’ve survived without you. Jason was a big help but there is no one that could take your place as my Mom. 
I love you more today and as I go through my life raising this little miracle. I will be constantly reminded of all the endless sacrfices you have made for me in my life. You are the most selfless person I know. You are kind, thoughtful, caring, talented in so many ways. I pray that Ella will look to her Grandma’s example. You are the true disciple of Jesus Christ Mom. You give EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE.
I love you my dear Mother and friend. 
Your baby girl, 
Carmen

0 comments:

Post a Comment