Saturday, October 3, 2009

A week before the big day

October 4, 2009 -The Saturday before our big day I was running a half marathon in Calgary. It was called the Harvest Run and it was really cold out. The morning of the race I woke up at 5:45am to get ready for the race at 7am. It was a cold winter day, still pitch black out and I asked myself what I was doing? I wanted to crawl back in bed so bad but I had committed to run this race a long time ago. I had signed up for this race before I was engagement but I'm glad I had decided to run this race. When I got stressed with wedding stuff I would go out for a run and relieve some stress.



I was still smiling with 10miles into the race. While running the race I couldn't stop thinking that this time next week I would be married to the most wonderful man in the world.














I made it! I finished 11 minutes faster than the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in Seattle. I have not always been a fan of running but as I have really learned to like it. I am still contemplating about running a full marathon one day but I know one day I will check that off my "Life Goals List"




My parents came up from Cardston to support me and my fiance was there to cheer me on at the finish line. My parents are so wonderful. They would drive around the course to see me and take pictures as I was running. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful parentsWe went out for breakfast after at Cora's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment