Friday, January 25, 2013

Palm Spring Tradition 2013

Every year Jason and I try and go away for a week to California. We love to go and visit my mom and dad, relax by the pool, go golfing and of course do some shopping. My parents treat us like gold when we are there. We stay up late, eat lots of delicious food, play lots of rook and just have a great time all week. 

This year I met up with some old friends from California and it was such a blast. I miss those girls so much and it was so good to see them all. Tera, Tami, Kaci, Jessie and Jennie. I didn't realize that Celina still lived in California. I was sad that I never got in contact with her to see her as well. We were also missing one of my other roomies Jamie Smith Pearson. We all talked to Jamie through FaceTime to make it feel like she was there right with us.   





Morning breakfast before a day out on the golf course





 And while the men golfed Mom, Aunt Sheila, Aunt Ann and I hit the Outlet Mall and Target

Target never disappoints! 

 This was not my outfit leaving home today but by the end of the day it was a little chilly so I threw on my new purchase. My mom bought me this adorable blazer for me from Banana Republic. I love it so much and I wear it often for work. 


 Rook Rook and more Rook

Sweet hand mom! As a result of great hands and our mad rook skills we came out on top over the week. The few times that Dad loses he likes to rip up the proof. This one I quickly snapped a picture of so he couldn't deny our victory. That's right Mom and I won. 



Going to the pool every afternoon and evening was a daily ritual  



Another tradition that we do every time we go to California is a trip to the Cheesecake Factory. It seriously is the best place to eat in Palm Springs. We have never had a bad dish and we always end the meal with a piece of Red Velvet Cheesecake.



 My beautiful Mother whom I adore and admire









We also made it to the Swap Meet which is always fun. 



 Sunday dinner with some of my Aunts and Uncles. How fun would it be to retire with your siblings? Sounds like a plan to me.  







Just me and my Dad! Oh how I love this man.



0 comments:

Post a Comment